Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Monday, 5 January 2009

Feeling festive

Yes, I know Christmas is all over for another year but this snow fall looks so festive. This is good for me as I am still writing Christmassy/New Year /Wintery short stories and so the snow is helping to keep me in the mood. I went for a walk in the snow today and managed to get some good photos of the snow which will be of help to me later when it's a mild spring day in mid May and I want to write more Christmas stories!

So far, I'm on target for short story writing. I've been writing some of them for a year now so I think, after one final edit, it's time to let some of them go! The trouble is, it's always just one more edit with me.

I did send a children's short story out in Nov '08 but that was rejected. I also sent a story out to a magazine at the same time, but I've heard nothing back yet.

My aim this year is to get a short story published in a woman's magazine. Then, I hope to get many more published. I have around twenty short stories that are almost ready to go. So, watch this space!

No comments: