Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Monday, 26 January 2009

Too scared to post anything now!

I'm too scared to post anything now coz some Wrekin Writers are watching! They are going to laugh at me and will be sitting there sniggering at me when I walk into the next meeting! I don't want to be a writer really - honest.

8 comments:

Sue Horder-Mason said...

If anyone laughs or sniggers at you in February I shall sort them out but hey you know that no one will. And sorry Julie you don't have a choice about being a writer. You ARE a WRITER, I know I've read your work.
So get scribbling girl and don't deny your natural talent - it will only make you miserable.

Sue X

klahanie said...

Greetings Julie,
I have been having a bit of a read of your blogs. Rest assured, I am not much of a writer.
However, I do enjoy writing for therapeutic value. Keep up the good work. You are a very good writer.
Warm wishes klahanie aka Gary

Julie P said...

Thanks Sue and Klahanie (Gary) - I was having a shy moment! I know Wrekin Writers wouldn't laugh at me, we laugh with each other! I always look forward to the meetings and feel that my 'writing enthusiam tank' is always over flowing when I've been to the meetings. So I will keep on writing regardless!

Simon Whaley said...

No, no, no, no dear, you have that the wrong way round. Because Wrekin Writers are reading what you say you should be too scared NOT to write anything on it!

Blog on, as they say.

Julie P said...

You're absolutely right Mr Whaley! I dare not turn up without writing a chairman's challenge either!

Fee said...

Julie can't wait to see your Chairman's Challenge perhaps you will win it.

I have done it and don't know what it is like but will find out in February no doubt.

Best wishes

Feex

Diane Perry said...

Julie

Don't you dare stop writing! No one is laughing, this is a great blog and it's wonderful that you have so much to say that relates to how a lot of us feel as struggling writers! Keep it up.
Di

Julie P said...

I'm still writing! And I hope everyone else is too!