Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Thursday, 5 February 2009

Successes

Well, over the past two weeks I've had Letter of the week in my local newspaper, a poem published on Poetry street and, I've just been told today that an article I wrote for the National Association of Writers' Groups magazine (The Link) is in this months edition!

It's good to know that out of the pile of rejections a few successes rise up! It's certainly cheered me up and given me the determination to carry on writing. My aim now is to get a short story published. What are your writing aims this year and how are you going to set about achieving them?

7 comments:

Nicola said...

Congratulations, Julie!

Suzanne said...

Well done Julie.

Fee said...

I have letter of the week too so thank you for inspiring me to do it.

Congratulations.

Best wishes

Feex

Sue Horder-Mason said...

Well done Julie.

Julie P said...

Thanks everyone! All you need is a lot of determination and send lots of stuff out. Oh and a lot of support from fellow writers!

The Buddhist Conservative said...

!!!!!!

I am very happy for you but by no means surprised. Perseverance pays off!

Namaste,
Roger

Julie P said...

And a lot of gnashing of teeth, and headaches, I hasten to add! But thanks Tne Buddhist Conservative. I've posted four short stories to two women's mags today. I think it's the only way to go. Send as many as you can written to the best of your ability and see what happens.