Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Thursday, 19 February 2009

Swings and Roundabouts

I always enjoy reading about, and celebrating other writer's successes, plus sharing my own. But I also feel the disappointment of other writer's rejections, and commiserate with them too.

Having had a couple of rejections recently, I am pleased to say that this week I have recieved an email from an editor I submitted work to stating they liked my style of writing and asking me to send more work in. Also, I had another email accepting an article that I'd submitted to the NAWG magazine, The Link.

So, you see, it really is a case of swings and roundabouts! Sometimes your work gets accepted, sometimes it doesn't - but what a ride!

Keep writing, but most importantly, enjoy it! You know where to come for a celebratory virtual glass of champagne, or for someone to lean on who has a big supply of chocolate biscuits to commiserate with!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Fantastic news, Julie. Well done.

:-)

Sue Horder-Mason said...

Brilliant Julie, Well done x

Donna Marino said...

Congratulations! I, too, received notification that a piece I wrote is going to be published. It's a great feeling, eh?

Fee said...

Well done Julie. See I told you are good at writing. Congratulations.

I can imagine Di being overwhelmed with "achievements" for the last month.

Well done. You are a true inspiration.

Feex

Julie P said...

Thanks everyone. It just goes to show that what Fee says in her latest blog posting is so true - it's all down to determination and doing it despite of what life throws at us! I'm just going to hand Di a piece of paper with my writing achievements on I think. I think me and Fee both had better do that if Simon's going to have time to do his work shop! That's how it goes though isn't it. We might have one good writing month but the next may be leaner. Swings and roundabouts. You never know what's around the next corner - and thank God we don't sometimes eh? Well done Donna too! And thanks everyone for being so supportive and kind.

The Buddhist Conservative said...

Hi Julie,

I'm a bit late since I have been out of town for a while but congratulations! Your perseverance has paid off and I'm sure there will be much more to come.

Namaste,
Roger