Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Monday, 13 April 2009

WELL DONE FIONA!

Well, I've finished the book that I won from Strictly Writing - thank you very much Strictly Writing. I really enjoyed it. I don't want to give any of the plot away - but it kept me wanting to read on, a winning trait in any book. Fiona Robyn's The Letters is excellent and I recommend it to any of you fellow avid readers out there. I'm looking forward to her next novel The Blue Handbag due out this Summer. Well done, Fiona! Read more about Fiona at www.fionarobyn.com

Reading such good books like Fiona's can only help to inspire and encourage the rest of we unpublished writers to carry on, to read and write, learning and improving all the time. It's only by honing our writing skills by practicing, practicing and practicing, with a healthy dose of tenacity and determination thrown in, that we get closer to impressing editors and getting published.

Despite trying to take some time off from my writing this Easter, I got itchy fingers and this afternoon emailed a poem to poetry street, wrote some Flash Fiction for Mslexia magazine, edited my entry for this month's Chairman's Challenge for my writing group, (have to admit that I'm struggling with that one), and edited and enveloped an article for another magazine that I'll post off tomorrow! Trouble is, I don't view writing as a tortuous chore that I have to rest from as I love writing so much. It's always a pleasure for me to be able to put pen to paper or fingers on keyboard, and I always find it more stressful to not write if I have an idea buzzing around my head or something that needs editing and sending on my desk.

You never know what's going to happen in the future so make hay while the sun shines is my adage. But tomorrow I have the perfect excuse to relax as I'm meeting a fellow Wrekin Writer in Muchwenlock for lunch with a visit to my favourite bookshop there too - the perfect excuse to talk aout writing and browse the books! (Oh and to eat some delicious food too!)

Thank you to my fellow bloggers and those who have commented on my blog. I have so much fun and have learned so much from reading your blogs and comments, it's wonderful! I love blogging and it's nice to know you are all out there sharing your journeys with me. Long may we blog on!

Happy Writing - where ever you are, or what ever you're doing. Take care. Julie xx

No comments: