Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Monday, 4 May 2009

Attingham Park Withdrawal Symptoms!




Above left is Darren our handsome and talented publicity officer!
And above right is Carole Anne Carr (Churchmouse) manning her very creative stall. I bought one of her books First Wolf yesterday and I've already read the first chapter - it's a very gripping book. Well done Carole!

To the left are the lovely Diane and her equally lovely mum phyllis manning their chicken book stall.
Despite the unclement weather, I so wanted to go and help out again today as I enjoyed it so much yesterday. It was so relaxing and such a lovely atmosphere. I found it really inspiring to see so many of our wonderful authors selling their books and it was a nice chance to sit and talk with the Wrekin Writer members who were there. But my husband is at work today so no transport and I thought I'd better spend the day with my daughter!
Well done everyone for such a wonderful day! You really are such a nice bunch of supportive and happy people. Just what you need to lift your spirits and warm up your writing muscle.
Happy writing! Julie xx












I'd like to say well done to everyone involved in the book fair. The volunteers and the authors selling their books - I hope you had many sales! It was a great day yesterday, and I'm with you all in spirit today. Hope you have another great day.









3 comments:

Diane Perry said...

Hi Julie
I feel the same, just had to do a blog myself to re-capture the memories of such a great day. It was lovely chatting to you and everyone else. Hope we can do more events like this.
Love Di
x
Ps your hubby and daughter are blog stars now, they are behind me on my latest post.

Julie P said...

They will be thrilled when I show them they've been blogged!! Yes! let's do more events! we have the eventing bug now.

Simon Whaley said...

Well, the way some of the authors were talking today, next year's event may include short 20 minute talks by the Shropshire Authors and Wrekin Writers to the public. Oo-eck! Julie - you could read out your short stories!