Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Wednesday, 13 May 2009

Grumble, grumble!

Why are printer cartridges so expensive? I don't know about anyone else but I seem to go through them at an alarming rate! My printer does seem to behaving itself (at the moment) which is a blessing, but it seems to drink the ink as though it's been in the desert for years and has run out of water!

I went to a retail park today as I wanted to buy, among other things, a black printer cartridge. Walked into Curry's - none of our printer's preferred tipple could be found on the shelf, so nice smiley shop assistant man went to look in his cupboard - none in stock. Thanked smiley shop assistant man and went on my way to PC World.

They have practically a whole wall displaying every kind of printer cartridge you can imagine, but, alas, yes you've guessed it - out of stock on the one I wanted. So we had to buy a double pack containing the black and coloured cartridge instead. We had this problem last month and were assured by the assistant they would be getting stock in soon. As we were in the same position now, a month later,I mentioned it to the woman at the till, and her excuse was that they hadn't had the Lexmark rep in to restock and she suggested I try ordering them off the internet! Er .... why not give the Lexmark rep a ring and get your shelves stocked up love? Would have been my reply had I been feeling facetious, but as it was, I'd had a good shopping morning and decided that when I got home I would indeed try the internet!

Am I glad I did! Miles cheaper on the internet with a different supplier! I shall be writing a letter to PC World congratulating them on their wonderful shop assistants who, instead of restocking, tell their customers to go on the internet. They certainly helped me save money!! Not so sure they'll be so pleased to hear their own shop assistants are loosing them customers and money though - what do you think?

3 comments:

Fee said...

I agree Julie at least their "helpful" assistant has saved you some money.

I wonder what their manager will say when he reads your correspondence? I would love to be a fly on the wall.

Simon Whaley said...

And don't forget to write a letter to the Shropshire Star telling local residents that that's why the shopping centres are devoid of shops, because the sales staff have told the customers to go online!

Julie P said...

I think I'd better give the Shropshire Star a rest, Simon! I don't want the rest of Shropshire thinking that all I do is rant! And I ought to give other people the chance to get a letter in there!