Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Tuesday, 7 July 2009

Sale!

Hope everyone is okay and has not been washed away in these downpours!

I had some excellent news today. I have managed to sell one of my articles to the Writers' Forum magazine! It's my first article in a national magazine so I am really excited about it.

I am going to lie in a darkened room now to recover from the shock!

Keep writing - determination, persistence and hard work does pay off eventually.

Julie xx

9 comments:

Olivia Ryan said...

Wow, Julie - that's great! I'm really thrilled for you! Do tell all: what's the article about, and have they told you yet when it's scheduled for? Can't wait to read it!

Julie P said...

Hi, Olivia! I know. I still haven't got over the shock. It's about writing courses and asks the question whether they are for you. I wrote it about 6 months ago but it's only just got taken up! I'm not sure when it's going to be in yet but I can't wait either!

Julie xx

Teresa Ashby said...

Fantastic news Julie! Well done xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Teresa! It's still sinking in. Julie xx

Simon Whaley said...

I like a woman who does what she's told. Now have you sent Carl a follow up idea yet? :-)

Enjoy the moment now - then you can enjoy it again when you see it in print!

Fee said...

Congratulations Julie.

Best wishes and can't wait to read it.

Fee

Julie P said...

Yes I'm a good girl, Simon and no I haven't sent a follow up idea yet - but I'm working on it. I don't want the editor to think I'm obsessed with writing (even if I am!)

Julie xx

Thank you fee. Could be a while til it's in print though.

Sue Horder-Mason said...

Julie that's fantastic news. Well done xx

(Note to self, don't forget success at next meeting :-))

Julie P said...

Thanks, Sue!