Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Sunday, 19 July 2009

Taking A Breather

I'm taking a break from my blog for a week as I want to get down to the business of actually writing something instead of talking about writing something - if you know what I mean! I'm in an article frame of mind at the moment and have five on the go that I want to get cracking on and finished. (When I said this to my dad, who is slightly deaf, he thought I was going sailing as he was sure I'd said I was in a nautical mood! But that's another story!

I've sent proposals out to writing magazines, a woman's weekly magazine, and two 'health' magazines and I want to make sure that the articles are the best I can make them should (fingers crossed, rabbit's foot (still attached to the lovely live rabbit ) stroked, four leaf clover picked, horseshoe hung over my door, wood touched, blarney stone kissed, creativity and positivity angels and the angel of success contacted and asked for help) the lovely editors of some of these magazines actually want to see the articles I've written, let alone publish them!

I figured that I had better be ready for the editors. Mind you, I'll probably get myself all prepared waiting with bated breath for that coverted email from an editor telling me to send my work in and I'll hear nothing for weeks, months, years - ever! (Gasp!)

That's the nature of the beast!

See you next week. Splice the main brace me hearties!

Julie xx

3 comments:

Simon Whaley said...

So what your saying is, for this week, it's a case of "woman overboard!"

Enjoy your 'dunking' into the world of writing and tell us next week how it went.

Land ahoy!

Carole Anne Carr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carole Anne Carr said...

Well done you and I wish you lots of success. It's the only way, but awful hard work, as you know too well! I started several blogs many years ago, the present one I haven't yet deleted! I began it to advertise my books, so I think I'll continue with it, but it has been wonderful meeting you in this way and being asked to join Wrekin Writers. Much love, Carole. xx

20 July 2009 04:53