Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Friday, 25 September 2009

Interesting development

Just had an email from the editor I mentioned in a previous post (remember the rumpus because I submitted to two different community mags?) Well, all appears to be well again. It appears to have been a misunderstanding and he had no intention of insisting I write exclusively for their magazine. He was concerned that I had had articles in both magazines in the same month - I hadn't at that point as the article I'd had in their mag was in the August issue and the other three in the other rival mag was on the Sept one.

I'd already submitted the three articles to the other mag before I'd told this editor I could do an article on my local area so there was nothing I could have done anyway. I think he wanted that local article in his magazine in September.

I've chalked it up to experience. Thanks for all or your support. Life is too short! So the local article is back on again. I won't have time to write for both magazines in the same month anyway as I'm concerntrating on paying markets now.

Happy writing

Julie xx

14 comments:

Suzanne Jones said...

Of course he wants your articles - he's running a business and needs the best writers.

Glad it all sorted itself out, Julie.

XX

Carole Anne Carr said...

Wonderful news, Julie, such a relief! Hugs.. Carole. xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Suzanne. I've emailed you privately as you requested.

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Carole! But I don't think I'll be doing many articles for him after this one as I'm too busy!!

Julie xx

Carole Anne Carr said...

That's great, to be able to say 'thanks, but no thanks!' The sort of thing I've had said to me often in the past, but you grow a thick skin. Hugs... Carole xx

Julie P said...

Like Rhino Hide, Carole! Believe me mine's thickening up nicely! It's very itchy though!

Julie xx

Carole Anne Carr said...

You made me laugh a lot, just what I needed, going to take my own advice and take a break from the editing...hugs...xx

Julie P said...

That's spooky - I've just been on your blog commenting too! We all need a good laugh and a rest once in a while! Which is what I'm going to do now too.
Julie xxx

Fran Hill said...

That's good news. It's nice to know that got resolved, whatever you decide to do about it in future.

Julie P said...

Thanks, Fran. It certainly was an experience I won't forget!

Julie xx

Teresa Ashby said...

Glad its all been sorted, Julie x

Julie P said...

Thanks, Teresa. Moving forward now!

Julie xx

Olivia Ryan said...

That's great, Julie. It's always a shame to end up with a 'bad taste in the mouth' from an experience like that, so I'm glad it got sorted out. x

Julie P said...

Thanks, Olivia. I hate friction like that, particularly when I hadn't done anything wrong, particularly!

Julie xx