Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Monday, 21 September 2009

Wooh Hooh! A publication!

Well, after being in the doldrums all weekend over the rather perplexing and irritating editor business last week, I had a nice surprise today. The editor of First Edition magazine emailed me to say that they are publishing a poem of mine in the next issue!! (Issue 9 out 8th October.)

I had given up hope on this particular poem 'Summertime' as I hadn't heard anything since I sent it in about two - three months ago, I think it was. They pubished another poem of mine last year 'Water' and so I am chuffed that I have got another one in there. I don't consider myself to be an 'expert' poet or a very good one. But I did join the local poetry society in the hope of improving my poetry. I was too chicken to enter their annual poetry comp this year. I want to read some more of the type of poetry they like before I submit any to save embarrassing myself and them!

So there you are. Out of the hurricaine comes the sunshine!

Julie xx

9 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

Well done, Julie!
You go for the other poetry comp - of course you won't embarrass yourself. Have faith!

Diane Perry said...

Julie
That's brilliant news, I am so pleased for you after all the battles you have been in recently, it shows how your determination has paid off! Can't wait to see it.
Love Di
x

Julie P said...

Thanks, Teresa. Unfortunately the poetry comp I was going to enter is over now - but they have a members only comp in November so I may have a go at that one.

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Di! I know - but what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger! I've been trying to think up loads of cliches for the Chairman's Challenge!!

Julie xx

Karen said...

Brilliant news, well done you - a great confidence booster too :o)

Julie P said...

Thanks, Karen. It certainly is a great confidence booster - and a much needed one!

Julie xx

Suzanne Jones said...

Congratulations, Julie.

XX

Julie P said...

Thanks, Suzanne!

Julie xx

Olivia Ryan said...

Great news, Julie - I'm so pleased, you needed something good to cheer you up. It's fantastic that you can write in so many different forms. Poetry is probably the hardest thing to get published so huge congratulations! x