Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Friday, 9 October 2009

It's In!


The feature what I wrote about my local amateur dramatic group is finally in the local paper this evening! I can't believe it, really I can't. I think I've gone into denial. I've read it through several times and seen my name above it, but it doesn't seem real somehow. It's as though I think it's been written by some other Julie Phillips! Does that sound daft?!

Anyway I've posted it for you to have a look at and they've haven't changed much from my original copy I sent them. The piece was too wide to fit it all in but you'll get the gist of it.

I am estatic but still trying to get my head round the fact that I have got into the Shropshire Star and it isn't a letter! Or a story about my drunken behaviour after complaints from my neighbours (I am, of course, joking about the drunk bit - though I have no idea if my neighbours have ever complained about me!)

I've read the Shropshire Star for years but never thought I'd get a feature in there.
I very nearly didn't approach the editor with my feature proposal because I thought I'd be laughed out of the office!! But I did, so it just goes to show - nothing ventured nothing gained! So go on, give it a go - I dare you ;0)

8 comments:

Diane Perry said...

Hi Julie
Congratulations, that is so brilliant. You must be so excited. You have cracked it now. I am so inspired by your enthusiasm!

Well done
Di
x

Julie P said...

Thanks, Di! I still can't believe it. It was due to your beautiful chickens that I got my first (and currently only) short story published! So you inspire me too. We have to keep going don't we!

Julie xx

Olivia Ryan said...

Terrific - well done, Julie, and I totally share your excitement. There's nothing like seeing your name in a publication you've never believed you'd make - such an achievement, and well deserved. x

Julie P said...

Thanks, Olivia! It certainly softened the blow of the rejection from Take A Break!

Julie xx

Fran Hill said...

Yay! I bet that feels good!

Julie P said...

It certainly does, Fran! Wooh hooh!

Julie xx

Sue Horder-Mason said...

Well done Julie. I read and thoroughly enjoyed your article. May it be the first of many.

Sue xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Sue. Let's hope so!

Julie xx