Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Tuesday, 27 October 2009

I've done it again

Just a quick post. I've had another feature accepted by the same Shropshire glossie that took my archery feature. This time they've accepted my feature on the wildlife rescue center I visited recently.The feature is scheduled to be in one of issues in spring and I'm really pleased, not just because it's another success, but, because the center is a wonderful place and deserves all the publicity it can get.

I've just emailed a proposal through to a writing magazine for another feature, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed while writing another feature (that's not an easy feat either! I keep dropping my pen!)

I'm off this evening to see the amateur dramatic group I had a feature and review about in the local paper (hopefully they liked both and won't lynch me). They are reading through the next play tonight so it will be interesting to see that. I might get some more photos to send off to the mag who might be interested in taking my feature on them if the photos are good enough.

Julie xx

8 comments:

Diane Perry said...

Oh Julie that's brilliant news!
You seem to have the midas touch at the moment. It sounds like a lovely feature

Di

Julie P said...

Thanks, Di.

Now what subject can I tackle next?! I hink I'll take a leaf out of Nick Fletcher's book and recycle some of my past articles to remarket elsewhere!

Julie xx

Carole Anne Carr said...

I love the excitement in these posts, and the happiness, so great to read....hugs...xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Carole, I do get a bit hyper sometimes when I get things published!

You must experience twice the amount of excitement I do when you do your book signings and everryime you get another book off the press.

Julie xx

Carole Anne Carr said...

Not true at all, in fact, just the opposite, the things I'm doing are so long term, that by the time something happens I'm too exhausted to really register what is happening. Perhaps a good thing, a defence mechanism, for when things to pear shaped, and I'm turned down yet again, you acquire a thicker skin....:-) hugs...xx

Julie P said...

Definitely need a thick skin in this game, Carole! I couldn't agree more.

My projects do seem to be of a more short-term affair. That's what I find so exciting about it all - I finish one feature and it's on to the next which is often on a totally different subject.

But I do find it tiring sometimes. Getting myself out there and meeting new people I am going to interview can be draining. Although I really enjoy it - I still find it quite a nerve racking experience. But it's also energising and inspiring.

Don't go tiring yourself out too much, Carole. Take it easy a bit - easier said than done I know!

Julie xx

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thanks, Julie. Yes, your work does give you a constant lift, but it wouldn't do this if you weren't very good at it!
Have now found Chapter 7and 8 need a complete re-write, far too much description for a children's book. Thank goodness I still have an instinct for such things, even though it is soul destroying. Have probably come to this work too late today, not making much sense. Every Wednesday have the elderly couple here for lunch, shall be able to tackle those chapters with more energy tomorrow when I'm less full of food! :-)
Keep going with meeting new people, we all need that excitement, that challenge. xx

Julie P said...

Here's hoping you can face the rewrite challenge tomorrow with renewed gusto, Carole.

Take care

Julie xx