Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Tuesday, 24 November 2009

This message comes from Womag and I hope she won't mind me reproducing it here as the message needs as much exposure as possible - I can't afford to bid but I'm hoping others may be able to.

Get your name in print ......

And raise money for an excellent charity at the same time. Here, novelist Kate Long is auctioning the chance to name a character in her forthcoming novel. What a fantastic idea, and a great cause! If you can't afford to bid please do pass this message on, or consider making a direct donation to Quintessentially Foundation.

I quite fancy reading about a character named Sleb Ritty. So to save poor Kate the challenge of working him into her novel (he's a journalist with no sense of morals or ethics, writes for the tabloids by the way), get over there and outbid me!

From WOMAG

2 comments:

Kate said...

Yes, go on someone, give me a major headache!

X

Julie P said...

Tee hee! Be careful what you wish for!
Julie xx