Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Does anyone know?

I've got a question that I just can't find the answer to and it's been bugging me all day. What was the name of the elderly writer who wrote a book so that she could fund a home for her elderly friends? I'm sure I read about her a while back in a newspaper, but as I can't find any trace of her on the Internet, I'm beginning to think that I may have imagined it!!

Can anyone help?

Julie xx

5 comments:

Suzanne Jones said...

I remember the story, but not the name. Sorry, Julie.

XX

Julie P said...

At least I know I'm not going mad and I didn't conjure the story up out at thin air now though, Suzanne - so thanks for that!
Julie xx

Lynne Hackles said...

I can't remember the lady's name but I'm almost sure she was published by Authorhouse because I've always thought of that as vanity or self-publishing and was amazed at how well her book was supposed to have done, though I can't find anything about it now. Perhaps it was hype for the company?
signing off as Bitter and Cynical

Sue Horder-Mason said...

If you can remember which newspaper you read it in, try contacting them and see if they can help.

I don't remember reading about that but I searched on the internet and couldn't find anything either.

Have fun

Sue xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Lynne and Sue! It was Lorna Page and yes it was AuthorHouse. I went on the Open Uni forum and someone on there remembered it as they'd blogged about it because they were annoyed at how the media covered it as though it was a publisher and not a self published book!

I was just curious as I knew I'd resd it somewhere but couldn't remember. You know what that's like!

Julie xx