Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Thursday, 31 December 2009

Final Words of the Year from Julie's Quest

As we hurtle into 2010 (where has 2009 gone?) now is the time to let go of last year's disappointments, traumas and troubles. All that doesn't matter anymore. What does matter is what you intend to do about all the rejections and missed opportunities of 2009. You can go either way here: forget all about your writing and just give up, or strive to improve your writing and move forward with it. Although I've been sorely tempted to do the former many a time over the past year, I haven't and I won't. I intend to go with my latter instinct and keep practising my writing so I can get better at it and hopefully get more work published in the process.

I had a bit of a wobble over the past few days as I'd done no writing over the Christmas period, I'd scared myself by thinking I would never be capable of writing another sentence again! But after taking a few deep breaths into a paper bag my heart rate has returned to normal and the panic is over. I always worry what I would do if I lost the writing urge completely. I love writing so much!

So let's look forward to 2010 with our pen in our hands or fingers poised on the keyboard and make 2010 our best writing year ever! I'm not sure where my blog will be going in 2010 - I'm always looking at ways to make it more interesting and helpful for other writers, so we'll see what I can come up with. Thanks for your continued support.

Happy new year

Julie xx

No comments: