Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Thursday, 7 January 2010

Have I missed something?

Is it just me or is there no fiction in this weeks Take A Break (Issue 2 - 14th Jan 2010)? I've looked through it twice and it's not listed in  the index. Have I missed something? I've got my glasses on and everything but unless I need a new eye test there is no fiction in there! Have TAB issued a statement recently saying they aren't publishing fiction in the main TAB magazine in 2010 and I missed it? Or is it just an oversight - or a way of phasing it out to see if anyone complains/notices the fiction  section has gone?

I so hope it's just a mistake and another market for short stories hasn't suddenly folded. If it's a ploy to see if any readers notice/complain the fiction sections missing then I think we all ought to protest as readers to get it back!! Anyone know what's going on?

Julie xx

8 comments:

Suzanne Jones said...

Oh no - that doesn't sound good. We should mobilise troops now: Get everyone to write in and complain so they're not left in any doubt that fiction is a very important part of the magazine.

XX

Julie P said...

It doesn't does it! I was trying to remember if they did they same thing last year but my memory fails me - maybe it is just a mistake otherwise they would have said, wouldn't they? Who knows. I thought it was just me who had missed something.

The plot thickens!

Yes we must get the troops together.

Julie xx

Carole Anne Carr said...

Hi Julie,
Unfortunately, when money is tight as now, it is much cheaper for the magazines to publish 'in-house' articles and stories. Hope this is not the case with the magazine you mention.
I sent an invite for you to be a contributor on my blog, do come over and post your opinions about writing and anything else of interest to us all, look forward to seeing you there and should help your writing profile.
Hugs and love, Carole xx

Sue Horder-Mason said...

Sorry love but can't help. Still got another 4.8 miles to dig out before I can get to the newsagents to get my copy. But keep me posted please

xx

And I ain't joking either

Julie P said...

I hope you have a big shovel dear! The snow's not so bad here in Telford, but I can just imagine what it's like out in the wilds of Shropshire - I do envy you!

Will let you know about TAB when I dind something out.

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Hi, Carole!

Yes, that was my worry too, that they've just stopped the fiction in there for good. But, we shall see.

I'll certainly come over to your blog and contribute, Carole. It's very kind of you to invite me. Will be over soon!

Julie xx

Jan Mader said...

Hi Julie! I just popped over from Suzanne's blog and love what I see here.

I'm a children's author and would love to have you come visit. I'm sure you could inspire lots of us!

Julie P said...

Hi, Jan! Welcome to my blog and for your comments. Both Suzanne and me had a little wobble at the start of the year with out usually high enthusuasiam and motivation tanks running on low but we are back to normal now and fighting writing fit!

Got to stay positive and keep writing no matter what!

Julie xx