Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Friday, 19 February 2010

Magazine Subscriptions

Have just taken out subscriptions for Fiction Feast and The Weekly News. I'd been thinking about doing it for a while - not only is it cheaper, but it means I won't miss a copy! The Weekly News have a 12 week sub offer at the moment for £9 which is great - works out 10 pence cheaper per issue. Was it Suzanne Jones who was having trouble getting copies of this paper? This sub has your name written all over it, Suzanne! You'll never miss a copy again and we'll save money! Bonus.

Have also decided not to renew a couple of other subscriptions I take out as, to be honest, I just wasn't reading them. So I've had a sort out and I'm only taking subscriptions for the women's mags that take fiction and the writing magazines I know I enjoy reading and will get something useful out of. Is anyone else like me and not bother to cancel subscriptions they've had for ages even though they stopped reading them months back?! It must be against the law, surely!

Happy writing

Julie xx

2 comments:

Suzanne Jones said...

Hi Julie, no - it wasn't me. The Weekly News is available at all good newsagents in my area (hooray for living in Scotland). But, I do like the idea of saving money, so I'll take your advice and arrange a subscription. Thanks.

XX

Julie P said...

Hi, Suzanne!

I couldn't recall who it was! But I know someone said they had difficulty getting the Weekly News. Hopefully whoever (whomever?) it was will read the post!

Always up for saving money!!

Julie xx