Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Saturday, 27 February 2010

Publication!

It's in! My article on archery is in the current issue of Shropshire Life Magazine. I am very pleased with it and it looks much better than I ever envisaged it would! It's over three pages with my photographs too. It's given me the motivational kick I needed to carry on writing articles too - although I will be concentrating on my short stories for the next month or so.

I picked up a few copies of it from the local supermarket while I was in Much Wenlock for my hair appointment, so it was nice to be able to show my hairdresser, who is interested in my writing,  my article. Plus, while I was having my hair done my daughter and husband went down to the local cafe for a bite to eat and there was a copy of Shropshire Life Magazine on the table opposite them. A man sat down with a cup of coffee and started to leaf through the magazine and stopped at my article and read it!! My husband had to stop himself from jumping up and shouting "my wife wrote that!" He is so proud of me today!

I get a bit squeamish about reading my own work when it's published, so I've only glanced through it. But I gave my dad a copy and he was thrilled. He's going to show it to his newsagent friend. He shows all my published stuff to the newsagagent! The proud father.

If you are interested, you can view an electronic version of my article at http://www.shropshirelifemagazine.co.uk/ under Latest  Articles.

Have a happy writing weekend

Julie xx

16 comments:

Joanne Fox said...

Well done! I just read it online and it was really entertaining as well as informative.

Julie P said...

Thanks, Joanne! Glad you liked it.

Julie xx

Carole Anne Carr said...

And so he should be proud! And your Father too! A special time of year with so much to look forward to. A great achievement, Julie.
Hugs.... xxx

Olivia Ryan said...

Congratulations, Julie! Your husband is right to be proud of you - I hope you're proud of yourself too! Oh - and next time, he SHOULD say 'Excuse me, I just have to say: my wife wrote that!"
xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Carole!

Can't wait to get some more writing done!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Carole!

Can't wait to get some more writing done!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Olivia!

I am proud of my article and I want to write more to get more published now! It's taken some time to get that article in print so I'm glad it's finally out there and people are actually reading it!

Julie xx

Mike said...

You deserve success.
Well done!
Mike xx

Teresa Ashby said...

It's lovely, Julie. I had a friend who was very keen on archery and it was nice to read about it.

A jewel shining through said...

Congratulations Julie :)

Julie P said...

Thanks, Mike! Hope all is well with you and Susan. How are the rehearsals going?

Julie xx

Thanks for taking my picture - I hope your camera is okay!

Julie P said...

Thanks, Teresa. It also shows that even if you don't have much knowledge on a subject you can still write about it! I knew very little about Archery before I wrote that and I thoroughly enjoyed attending their shoot and interviewing them.

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, A Jewel Shining Through!

Julie xx

Martin H. said...

I'd like to add my congratulations too. You have every right to be proud of yourself.

Julie P said...

Thanks, Martin!

Onwards and upwards.

Julie xx

Sue Ross said...

Hey Julie, congratulations.
You work so hard, you really deserve every success.