Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Sunday, 7 February 2010

Writing short story serials

Have a look at Sue Moorcroft's excellent blog posting on writing short story serials - it's fab.

6 comments:

Sue Ross said...

You're right Julie.
That is really useful.
Cheers for that.

Julie P said...

I don't write serials (yet!!!) But I might do in the long distant future!

Julie xxx

Jan Mader said...

I'm going to go check out the blog you suggested, Julie. Even though I mostly write for children, publishing is slow so it would be good to expand my horizons! I used to write for magazines and newspapers but I got away from that.....

Julie P said...

Hi, Jan

Yes, it's a great site. I sometimes wish I could get away from writing for magazines too! But I enjoy it most of the time and I'm very grateful that the editors take my work!
I have an urge to get back to writing fiction a gain though - so I hope to do that soon.

Julie xx

Suzanne Jones said...

There's no doubt Sue Moorcroft knows her stuff. Thanks for the link.

XX

Julie P said...

She certainly does, Suzanne - have you seen her gracing the front cover of Writers' Forum magazine having taken over as comp judge - fantastic!

Julie xx