Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Another Publication!

I had a lovely surprise this morning when Mr Whaley emailed me to tell me my article The Silver Age of Publishing is in April's Issue of Writing Magazine! Then when I came home from nursery there the magazine was on my door mat.

I'm really pleased with it  -  but my feelings don't count. What is really important to me is that both Carole and Phyllis, the two Wrekin Writers' featured in the article, are happy with it. Carole hasn't seen the article yet but I'm sending her a copy through the post and I had a lovely e-mail from Phyllis's daughter, our very own Di Perry, saying both her mom and her were thrilled. A sigh of relief from me!
It's really important to me that the people I feature in my articles are pleased with the end result. Now I'm aware that you can't please everyone, but I like to do my best!

Both Carole and Phyllis are remarkable women who have had , and continue to make, great achievements with their writing and it's nice to see their efforts celebrated in a national writing magazine! Well done girls!
Unfortunately the website/blog address of Carole's is now defunct as she changed it recently to http://www.caroleannecarr.blogspot.com/ but it was too late for me to get it amended. Other than that, I'm happy with it.

I started reading Writing Magazine and Writers' Forum in 2007 and I never thought I'd get an article in any of them. In fact, it never would have occured to me to give it a go. So never say never and don't think that you can't do it because you can! It's spurred me on to write more and when I've written some short stories and subbed them, I shall back to the articles again!

Happy writing!

Julie xx

16 comments:

Sue Ross said...

Fantastic Julie!
You really are an inspiration to us.
Well done.

klahanie said...

Hi Julie,
Well done on another writing accomplishment. You have my utmost admiration. In fact, I have great admiration for all of those who have the determination to keep going with their writing pursuits.
Glad you mentioned Carole's new site. I'm not sure too many folks realised the change.
Anyway, keep going and sincere congratulations
With respect, Gary x

Jaye said...

You certainly are, congratulations :-)

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thank you so much, Julie, shall look forward to receiving it, and do thank your husband for me won't you. And do tell him my book after Thin Time will be Roundheads and Parliamentarians and probably Boscobel.

Many, many thanks, it is the mention in magazines that helps enormously.

Hugs... Carole xxx

Carole Anne Carr said...

Just a thought, could you pop over to my Wordpress Blog and add yourself as a Follower, PLEASE! It might encourage others to do so. :0)
Thanks, Carole xxx

Abi said...

Well done, I thought it was a very well written article :)

Elizabeth McKay said...

Well done Julie. I stopped my subscription to WM a couple of years ago but I still buy it from time to time. I'll definitely look out for this issue.

Olivia Ryan said...

Congratulations, Julie! I've just read your feature and it's great - well done. And (being another author who started late - my first book was published when I was in my fifties) I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment! xx

klahanie said...

Hi Julie,
I left a comment on this posting yesterday. I think blogger has been acting up again.
So to summarise what I noted before. Many congratulations on getting your article published.
Also, I noted that it was good that you pointed out Carole's change of blog address. I'm not sure if too many folks were aware of that.
With respect, Gary x

Julie P said...

Thanks, Sue!

I can't believe it's in there! Onwards and upwards!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Gary - hopefully people will still be able to access Carole through her new website/blog address if they google her name.

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Jaye!

Got to think about what I'm going to write next now!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Hi, Carole,

Dave says it's his pleasure! And the magazine should be winging it's ay to you as soon as it comes out! Not in shops yet so I hear.

I'll come over o word press in a mo!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Abi

You're very kind!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Elizabeth - I'm still waiting for a verdict on the article you provided quotes for!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Hi, Olivia

And thanks! I think I'm a late starter at almost 40 but Phyllis and Carole put me to shame - they gave so much drive and energy and their hard work has definitely paid off!

Julie xx