Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Short Story Forum 1st posting

7 comments:

Diane Perry said...

Hi Julie
I want to take part in the forum, I have a copy of TAB. How do I put my comments on? Do I just post a comment on this post?
It's a great idea and found your comments useful they way you have broken it down.
Di
x

Christine said...

I haven't read the story, Julie but I did like the way in which you analysed it. I have recently been looking at People's Friend stories in a similar way.

Good post.

Julie P said...

Hi, Di

Yes you can put it in a comment and post it that way if you like or email me it and I'll post it on for you (if I can figure out how to it!!)

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Hi, Christine and thank you. I think analysing short stories is the way to go if you want to get them published!

Julie xx

David said...

Hi Julie,

This is really great! I read that story too and really enjoyed it but you've managed to break it down to its many different elements.

I have my eye on abother story I thought was fantastic. So I will have a go at doing the same and then post it on to your blog as a comment.

Thanks again for this. What a good idea!
David

Julie P said...

Thanks, David.

I'm glad you found it useful. And yes please do post your own analysis on another story - that would be great.

It's certainly thrown up a few ideas of my own for stories and clarified a bit more clearer how they work and how to get my stories up to scratch!

Good luck with your stories too. Wouldn't it be great if everyone who did this analysis went on to write a story that gets published?! That would be fab!

Julie xx

Julie P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.