Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Saturday, 29 May 2010

Yes I know I said I was shutting up now but ooo-er!

Just had a lovely surprise. I've just had the post arrive and in it was a book that I am published in! I had completely forgotten about it. I'd sent in something about a comment my daughter made to United Press who had called for contributions to a new book they were planning called The Things Kids Say. I'm in it! And so is my sister! For each book sold United Press will donate £3 to Barnardos.

If you would like to buy a copy of the book you might have to wait a bit as it's not in the shops yet but have a look on their web site http://www.unitedpress.co.uk/ for further information. They are already planning a second book on the same subject so get your contribution in now!

Julie xx

13 comments:

Suzanne Jones said...

Congratulations, Julie - terrific news.

Off to have a look.

XX

Martin H. said...

Shout it from the rooftops, Julie. Congratulations!

Julie P said...

Thanks, Suzanne and Martin!

It's only about a paragraph in length but still got my name on it! The other contributions are really funny too!
Julie xx

Carole Anne Carr said...

Well done, Julie, and a lovely idea to raise funds for children... xxx

Bernadette said...

Well done, Julie - and to your sister!

Lovely to have something you can put on a bookshelf and it doesn't matter how small it is. I'm sure it's perfectly formed!

Julie P said...

Thanks, Carole!

It's a lovely book with some really funny contributions.mI'm sure it will raise lots of cash for Barnardos.

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Bernadette! It's the first time my sister and I have been in print together. She's really pleased as am I!

Julie xx

Diane Perry said...

Wonderful news Julie! How exciting for you and your sister, well done!

Julie P said...

Thanks Di.

I'll bring my copy of it to the next meeting - some of the contributions are really funny!

Julie xx

HelenMHunt said...

Well done!

Julie P said...

Thanks, Helen

It was only a small thing but it's lifted my spirits!

Julie xx

Simon Whaley said...

Congratulations! It's great getting surprises like that in the post isn't it?

Something else to add to the writing CV!

Julie P said...

It is nice to get surprises in the post, Simon! It certainly will go in the writing CV too!

It also proves tht it is worth putting something in for this type of compilation book too. There are loads out there and t certainly gives the writing confidence a boost if not the bank balance!!

Julie xx