Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Wednesday, 29 September 2010

For Kath

Hi, Kath

You left a comment on my blog but I can't for the life of me find out which posting it went to! Anyway, thanks for your comment and congrats on getting a short story in That's Life! Well done. In answer to your query, I think it was a couple of weeks after publication that I received payment. If the story is going in That's Life you don't get a contributor copy. But if it's going in the sister magazine Fast Fiction you do. I e-mailed the editor ans asked for a copy of my first one which they sent to me. And for the second story one of our Australian friends scanned a copy of it and e-mailed it to me.

I think sharing information and anything that we feel may benefit other writers is a way of helping ourselves too. You get what give in this game, well life really! It was a useful exercise for those of us who did the research and for those who joined in. I'm still working on short stories and hope to be successful again soon. Unfortunately, my writing output hasn't been as great as it should be since I returned to school (I'm doing a teaching assistant course at the moment,) but I know once I've done all the paperwork for that I can get back into my writing properly again.

Good luck with your writing

Julie xx

4 comments:

Jarmara Falconer said...

Good luck with your course and with your short story too. You are so very right about us newbie writers helping each other. I've put some link to places you can submit your work to on blog so drop by and take a look.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Good luck with the course, I know you'll do well. Hugs.. xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Jarmara,

Will take a look at your blog soon.We all need to help each other out - where would we be without blogger friends?!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Hi, Carole

and thanks. I've nearly finished the paper work and had a great session that I led where the kids had to do a short, simple animation on the computer - it went well!

Julie xx