Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Well, well, well!

smiley face

I'm feeling as proud as punch at the moment as yesterday I had one of my short stories accepted for publication by The Weekly News. My first UK short story sale! I'm not sure which issue it will be in yet but I'll let you know as soon as I do.  I'm still in a daze about it so excuse me while I go and lie down in a darkened room for a while. All this excitement is too much for a woman of my age and with my nervous disposition ;0) That brings my short story publication total up to 3!

Keep writing  -  I did and look at the state I'm in! If I don't put you off writing for life, nothing will!

Julie xx

24 comments:

HelenMHunt said...

Well done. That's brilliant news.

Lynne Hackles said...

Well done, Julie. I'm so pleased you've broken into the UK market. Now you know how to do it you can repeat the performance.

Martin H. said...

Many congratulations, Julie. Well deserved success!

Christine said...

Congratulations, Julie. I'm inspired to plod on!

Suzanne Jones said...

YAY - fantastic news. Go, Julie.

XX

klahanie said...

Hey Julie,
That's awesome news! You keep writing and continue to be an inspiration to serious, aspiring writers.
Gary x

Diane Perry said...

I am so thrilled for you Julie, you really are an inspiration to us all. I can't wait to see it. Now go and shout it from the roof tops!
Well done, you deserve this.
Di xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Helen. I still can't believe it. I'm so chuffed! The only thing is, I've got to write more short stories now!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Lynne

I hope I can do it again!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Martin!

It took a ruddy long time but it's given me a confidence boost to try other UK publications again too.

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Hi, Christine.

Yay! Do keep going. It's the only way. The times I've nearly given up!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, Suzanne!

I'm enjoying the moment whilst wondering if I can do it all again!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Hi, Gary and thank you.

I hope my blog and this recent great news will help other writers who are fed up of trudging along the rejection trail to keep going.

It is possible to get published if that's what you want but it's not an easy ride - but worth it in the end.

I'm prepared for more rejections but I know I can do it and that one success gleaming in the grimy pile of rejections makes it worth striving for.

Take care

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Hi, Di!

I can't wait to write more short stories now but I'm a bit nervous about trying again. I'm fully prepared for more rejections to follow now but there's always this seed of hope that maybe one story will make it to publication!

Where would I be without my lovely blogging friends and Wrekin Writer friends, though?! Thanks everyone!

Julie xx

Teresa Ashby said...

Brilliant news - congratulations, Julie - this is just the beginning xx

Elizabeth McKay said...

Well done Julie. Your hard work has paid off (literally). You have a great attitude towards your writing and you deserve this break.

Julie P said...

Thanks, Teresa! I'm raring to go!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Hi, Elizabeth and thanks. It does prove that keeping at it does work sometimes!

Julie xx

Sue Ross said...

Well done you!
I can't wait to see it Julie.
Brilliant news!

Bernadette said...

Fab news, Julie. Well done!

Nothing wrong with having little seeds of hope, btw. Isn't that what keep us going through the tougher times?

David said...

Woo hoo! That's brilliant news, Julie. Well done!

Make sure you let us know when it's in print. Looks like all your hard work and research is paying off. Go Julie!

David
X

Julie P said...

Thanks, Sue,

Neither can I! Got to try and do it again now.

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks Bernadette.

Whenever I'm feeling low about my writing after the nth rejection I can look back to my records and see that I've had three short stories published now. It will remind me that I can do it, just not very often! But that can be worked on and improved.

Keep planting seeds!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, David

Yes, finally, the hard work has payed off a little!I have the new issue of Woman's Weekly Fiction Special here now, so it's more research for me!

Julie xx