Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Monday, 25 October 2010

We're busy doing ........

Go to fullsize imageHurrah! A whole week off from school. I was all full of exciting plans for my writing yesterday. I made a writing agenda of what I wanted to achieve over this week and I was feeling buoyant and raring to go. I know, I said to myself, I'll start as I mean to go on and I'll get up early and start writing before my husband gets back from his night shift and my daughter wakes up. Did it happen? Did it heck! I woke up at 8:30am, came downstairs to find my husband and daughter in their pyjamas playing the Dr Who/Sarah Jane Adventures game on the computer. Not a stitch of writing done, my hair all over the place (it's like I've had some strange electric shock overnight!) And here I am catching up with my e-mails and blogging. Procrastination with a capital P.

Having sabotaged my own writing attempts this morning I'm determined not to let the rest of the day go to waste. I fancy going somewhere else to write and so might head out to Wenlock books or somewhere in town to get my head down to some good quality writing time. Somewhere I won't be distracted or tempted to do other things. If I stay here I'll end up mopping the kitchen floor or cleaning the oven out. So I've got to get out of here!

Go to fullsize image


Things I want to achieve or make significant progress on this week:

1. Finish off the two short stories I have almost edited to completion and post them of to Take A Break.
2. Finish off one short story and send it to That's Life (Australia).
3.Take a look at least one chapter of  last years NaNo novel and commence the second edit of this.
4.Get Assignment four completed and off to my tutor for the Journalism course.

Don't worry. I'm not a masochist! It appears to be a lot of work, but I've been working on the three short stories for a while and they are so nearly ready. I've already done the first edit of the NaNo novel and I'm taking it slowly, chapter by chapter for the second edit. And for assignment four I've already written the article and I have four good ideas I'm writing a synopsis for. Then it's the travel piece. This is slightly more difficult as I don't actually travel very far! But, hey ho  -  you don't have to travel to the other end of the world to write a travel piece. There are plenty of other places closer to home that I could write  about!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Happy writing, wherever you do and for how long!

Julie xx

4 comments:

Simon Whaley said...

Good luck with all three stories! Not long now until NaNoWriMo either!

Carole Anne Carr said...

Looking forward to hearing how you get on, Julie. My list for today is:

Finish checking through First Wolf to send to Grandson to eventually upload to Kindle Store.

Finish editing Chapter 11 and send to Neil Fein the kind sound engineer in NJ who is editing my stuff for free.

I think that's enough to fail at for one day!

Enjoy your break you've earned it!

Hugs... xxx

Julie P said...

Oooh don't remind me, Simon! True to form, I haven't a clue what my next NaNo novel will be about! Mind you I did this last year - I wasn't struck by inspiration until the last few days before it started. So I'm leaving it to fate again (gulp!)

I'm getting slightly nervous about the short stories at the moment -
here we go again!

Juie xx

Julie P said...

Thank you, Carole.

I hope you achieve what you set out to!

Julie xx