Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Friday, 26 November 2010

If anyone's interested

I know we are all busy with one thing and another: NaNo, other writing projects, oh and that irritating thing called life. But, if you should get the chance and the urge to read something then have a look at the new issue (Jan 2011) of Writers' Forum. It's jam packed with excellent writing advice and articles, as always. But in Sally Quilford's fantastic monthly column you will find a wonderful piece she's written about Wrekin Writers and our Doris Gooderson short story competition of which I was one of the judges, along with Bryan Vaughan, Darren Bailey and Sue Ross. You can read my comments on the competition and the judging process within this piece. There are two photos of the group taken by Simon Whaley (thank you Simon! And you can see the back of my head in one of them when my hair was longer!)

Thanks, Sally, for thinking of Wrekin Writers and me when you wrote the article. When they read it they will be as thrilled as I was when I read it! Job well done. It was a pleasure being interviewed by you, Sally.

Happy writing!

Julie xx

8 comments:

Nari said...

I shall flip to this page and have a look when my parents send WF up :)Looking forward to this issue.
Take care
xLiz

Julie P said...

Hi Liz and thank you. It's a great magazine - I've found it so helpful since I started writing and I still can't believe that I've actualy had a couple of articles published in there and now been interviewed for an article in there!

It's crazy!

Take care

Julie xx

Simon Whaley said...

Yeah, those pictures are a little old now!

Julie P said...

It's a good excuse for a group photo shoot, though! Say cheese!

Julie xx

Martin H. said...

I'm working my way through the January edition. Looking forward to reading about Wrekin Writers

Carole Anne Carr said...

Great, Julie, well done! Keep going! Hugs... xx

Julie P said...

Hi, Martin

I hope you enjoy reading it! It's a great issue. I'm about half way through at the moment - will finish the rest after NaNo.

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Hi, Carole

I'm still going!Though a cough and cold and the cold weather aren't helping. I'm like a bear - I want to hibernate!

Julie xx