Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Thursday, 4 November 2010

Retreat!

Oh yes. That one little world that sends shivers of excitement through the hearts of Wrekin Writer members who have experienced the joys of a writing retreat with Wrekin Writers before. I went two years ago but I couldn't go last year. This year I am very much going and I can't wait. We leave our homes tomorrow afternoon for a long weekend of writing indulgence (good food, good company, good wine and  lots of laughs!)

My bags are packed. The cakes are baked. The apple pies are in the freezer. I'm cooking sausage casserole with apple pie to follow for our first day's tea tomorrow. There are 11 of us going to The Coach House at the Crogen estate, near Corwen, Wales and I just know it's going to be fantastic and just what I need!

So I'll be off-line for a few days, but will fill you in on all the details when I get back. NaNo and short story heaven here I come!

Happy Writing, where ever you are doing it!

Julie xx

8 comments:

Carole Anne Carr said...

Wonderful! Have a fantastic time... hugs.. xx

Simon Whaley said...

Yep and I have goodies packed too! With all this stuff to eat, there won't be time to write!

David said...

That sounds just perfect, Julie. I hope you all have a great time and am sure that wine will do wonders for the word count.

David
X

klahanie said...

Hi Julie,
I'm sure will have a wonderful and inspirational time at a gathering of fellow writers.
I've heard some great things about these 'retreats'. So here's wishing you an awesome time.
Best wishes and happy writing, Gary
x

Mike said...

Have a lovely and productive time on retreat. I'm sure you'll inspire everyone there.
Mike xx

Martin H. said...

Have a safe, happy and productive trip!

Heather P said...

Hi Julie;
I'm green with envy. Oh how I would love to get away and be able to indulge in just writing and nothing else. I don't hate my life but it sure is full. Although I guess I wouldn't have it any other way. Have a great time and I look forward to seeing a sample of what you created. Cheers!

Jarmara Falconer said...

Hope you have lots of fun and get lots of writing tips to share with us too.