Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Wednesday, 22 December 2010

All I Want For Christmas .......

........ is more time and more discipline to write publishable short stories, articles and novels. I'd quite like the ability to come up with good ideas for short stories that have a beginning, middle and end, with fully rounded and believable characters,  conflict and actually pan out as a story and not a series of events strung together. I often have a good beginning to a story but it peters out in the middle and either I can't think of an ending or the ending I do come up with isn't satisfactory and I find that magic 'something' that makes a story publishable just isn't there! So if I could just get all the essential elements of a short story working together I would be happy. I've done it before and I know I can do it again  -  I just wish I could do it more often!

Oh, yes, and I have been a very, very,very,very good girl this year, Santa, honest I have!

So, fellow bloggers, what's on your wish list for 2011?

10 comments:

klahanie said...

Dear Julie,
I wish for you to feel relaxed and not put too much pressure on yourself in your writing endeavours. Just let it flow and that 'magic' will embrace you.
I wish that all aspiring writers have their wishes come true in 2011.
May you and your loved ones have a peaceful Christmas and a most fulfilling New Year.
In kindness and respect, Gary x

Julie P said...

Thanks, Gary,

And I hope you have a peaceful Christmas too.

Julie xx

Suzanne Jones said...

Merry Christmas, Julie, and all the best for 2011.

XX

David said...

Ha ha ha! Yes, I think my Christmas wish list looked a bit like yours too, Julie. Still look at your successes for this year - you're obviously ddoing something well. Keep on going - I'm sure 2011 will be a good one for you!

Julie P said...

Thanks, Suzanne, and all the best to you too.
Julie xx

Julie P said...

Thanks, David, and I hope your 2011 is full of success to.

Julie xx

Kitti said...

Hello Julie-
I just happened by your site, and I was reading your "things that I enjoy doing" piece on the side. I was wondering, do you have any suggestions on books for young adults about writing?
I hope that you have a fabulous year of writing. :)
Kitti

Julie P said...

Hi, Kitti

Thanks for stopping by. I don't know of any books on books for young adults about writing but I know some of my fellow bloggers might. Can anyone help Kitti out?

Mike Wilkins said...

As a newcomer to Blogspot (just signed up today) I am glad I discovered your blog, Julie. It is just the scource of inspiration I need to jog me along.

Best wishes for 2011 and beyond.

Mike

Julie P said...

Hi Mike

thanks for stopping by. You're going to have a lot of fun and learn lots in Blog Land. I know I have!

Good luck to you too - we all need motivating and inspiring!

Julie xx