Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Monday, 31 January 2011

The Doris Gooderson Short Story Comp

The Wrekin Writers have launched their annual open short story competition. This year is the first year they are able to receive e-mail submissions so have a look at the website http://www.wrekinwriters.co.uk/ for details, entry forms and rules.


Good luck!

7 comments:

Carole Anne Carr said...

Hope you are entering. xx

Julie P said...

Too close to home for me, Carole, though I might well enter comps further afield.

Julie xx

HC Clarke said...

I might be being a little dense here, but is there a theme for this competition? It looks like it might be fun. x

Julie P said...

Hi HC,

It's an open theme so you can write about what you like! Within reason!

Good luck!

Julie xx

HC Clarke said...

Thank you Julie, I just wanted to check in case I had missed something along the lines of "THE THEME IS..." in big flashing letters.

Julie P said...

No, you're all right, HC! I know what you mean, though!

Julie xx

Suzanne Jones said...

Thanks for the link, Julie - I'll give this some thought.

XX