Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Sunday, 16 January 2011

For all poets out there

Following on from the hugely successful  first Wenlock Poetry Festival last year, it will soon be time for this years event. They have launched a poetry competition this year with a first prize of £500, second prize £200 and third prize £100. One of the judges is Poet Laureate, Carole Ann Duffy. Entries have to be in by 21st Feb 2011 and the festival itself takes place from over the 29th, 30th April and the 1st May 2011. Yes I know it's the Royal wedding then as well.

Entry forms and rules can be found at http://www.wenlockpoetryfestival.org/.

4 comments:

Martin H. said...

Thanks for flagging this up, Julie. I've just printed off the rules and entry form, with a view to having a go, myself.

Julie P said...

Great, Martin

Best of luck with it!
Julie xx

HC Clarke said...

I'll print off the form and rules. My poetry has become a little rusty, but it won't work to try it out surely...and the festival will begin just after my birthday. :) Thank you for bringing it up - I still remember Carol Ann Duffy from my GCSEs.

Julie P said...

That's great, HC.

And it won't hurt to give it go, no matter how rusty your poetry is.

Good luck

Julie xx