Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Thursday, 24 March 2011

Writers wanted!

Hello! I'm on the scrounge again for quotes from writers for two articles I'm writing for Writers' Forum. One's about writing spaces and the other about NaNoWriMo. What I'm looking for are writers who write in unusual or different writing spaces or or have their own designated writing space/room and what having that space has done for their writing.Or perhaps you write where you can? Do we need such a space or can we get by without one?

I also need writers who have done NaNoWriMo. After NaNo have you finished the novel and have you managed to get it published? How did you go about finishing it/editing it?

If anyone can help please e-mail me on julie210phillips(at)btinternet.com

Thanks!

Julie xx

10 comments:

Carole Anne Carr said...

Hi Julie, I did Nano and I'm between books, just about to begin another, so have a short breathing space. Hugs..

Julie P said...

Hi, Carole Anne

I'd forgotten you'd done NaNo as well! You're certainly getting those books out there aren't you - fantastic! Do you mind if I e-mail you and ask you some questions re life after NaNo?

Love

Julie xx

Carole Anne Carr said...

Course not, just ask away while I research early Anglo-Saxon and Welsh settlements, have finally decided to return to the Wolf stories, next stop, Kendra, should be fun. Love from Carole xx

Lynne Hackles said...

Doesn't Phil Barrington write about writing spaces every month on the back page? Think you might be wasting your time with that one as it's already covered on a regular basis.

Julie P said...

Hi, Carole. Thank you!

I'll e-mail some questions over to you later.

Happy researching!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Hi, Lynne

Yes I know Phil B does his regular back page on writing spaces and that's what gave me the idea. I'm looking at it from a different angle and the editor's already expressed interest in the idea.

I don't waste my writing time working on articles that haven't been pitched or failed to have generated interest from the editors. Too long in the tooth for that - life's too short, eh!

Julie xx

Carole Anne Carr said...

Julie, do pop over and read my last post, he's worth thinking about. I'm sure members of Wrekin Writers would snap him up, do let them know. Hugs... xx

womagwriter said...

Hi Julie - did you see this
http://theliteraryproject.blogspot.com/2011/03/interview-with-julia-crouch.html
which is an interview with someone who got a Nano novel published.

Julie P said...

Hi, Carole!

I'll let WW know about your editing chappie - he does sound great!

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Hi, Womag

I didn't but I will shortly! Thanks for that!

Julie xx