Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Thursday, 16 June 2011

Bring Back Fiction in Women's Magazines Update!

Well the group that I set up on Facebook is well and truly up and running and gaining new members by the second! We've messed around with the settings and it's an open group so anyone can request to join if they wish. If you write short stories for the women's mag's market or enjoy reading them (maybe you do both!) then come and join the campaign to encourage magazine editors who have or are considering dropping their fiction slots to reinstate them or keep them!

A lot of folk are going on the magazine's websites to comment on fiction so if you're willing or able to do this then please do! Your comments can make a big difference. I'll be writing letters to the magazine's letters pages to request a rethink on the fiction front too  -so do join me on that too. If we don't campaign for it we might lose even more markets!

You can comment on some of the mags content on face book or on the links below
www.takeabreak.co.uk

www.goodtoknow.co.uk/magazines/woman

Happy commenting! We might not be able to comment much on Blogspot but we can elsewhere!

Julie xx

2 comments:

digital magazines said...

Magazines on iPad look stunning. I love reading digital magazines on iPads and iPhones. I use Other edition's newsstand for reading digital magazines.

Julie P said...

I don't have an iPad, so I'll take your word for it!

Julie