Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Wednesday, 8 June 2011

For The Love of Blogger - A polite and respectful request!

Now, I am a very, very patient and tolerant woman. But for goodness sake, Blogger, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER! This problem with not being able to comment on some other blogs as myself, only being able to comment on some other blogs anonymously and not being able to comment on some blogs at all is starting to grate a little (well, a lot if I'm honest.)

I have neither the time or the inclination to run the pointless gauntlet of blogger asking me to choose a profile, having to sign in and then being directed back to the blog comment box to do the word verification thing, only to be redirected back to sign in again! And so it goes on and on and on and on. Now, I love the film Ground Hog Day but I don't necessarily want to be in my own version of it!

I do appreciate the wonderful site that is Blogger and I think it gives us a valuable and lovely platform, but for the love of custard can you please, please, please do something about the problem!

Please sort the problem out - it's been going on for far too long and I ain't getting any younger.

Julie xx

12 comments:

Jarmara Falconer said...

I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time posting.

By the way, I love custard too:-)

Frances Garrood said...

Hear hear! Blogger has been playing all kinds of silly tricks recently, and it's high time it stopped. BTW have you tried unticking the "stay signed in" box? That sometimes works.

Julie P said...

Hi, Jarmara

It's just so frustrating! And there doesn't seem to be an end to it. But, hey ho - there are more irritating things going on in the world I suppose. C'est la vie1

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Hi, Frances

Will try that, thank you. I think if we knew what was going on and what the problem was - how close Blogger were to resolving the issue- I could live with it.

I've been on blogger help and seen blogger's message about this being a known problem but there was no clue as to when it would be sorted - well there wasn't last time I looked! Hey ho. Nowt to do but wait I suspect.

Julie xx

suzy doodling said...

Hi Julie,
I've left a similar post on my blog - getting a bit fed up. That is an understatement, hope you get this, and know you're not alone. The unticking of the box doesn't cure it for me.

Julie P said...

Hi, Suzy - you made it through,hurrah! Fabby doo! It's just ouzzling me what the problem is - will we ever find out?!

Julie xx

Diane Fordham said...

Hi Julie - I was having the same problem as you, but for reasons I have no idea about, my blog seems to be working now (touch wood). I do agree with you, we all deserve better than the service we have been getting!

Julie P said...

Hi, Diane,

I think the problems are slowly sorting themselves out - it's just annoying when I want to comment and can't!

Julie xx

Diane Perry said...

I am having the same problem Julie, it's driving me crackers, hope this sorts out because I don't want people to think I am ignoring them

Julie P said...

I feel lost, Di!! It's strange.

Back to normal soon, though, I hope!

Julie xx

womagwriter said...

I'm getting the same problem on a couple of blogs too.

Very annoying!

Julie P said...

Hi, Womag,
It is annoying isn't it - especially when you written a longish comment and you can't get it to accept it!

Julie xx