Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Thursday, 2 June 2011

News flash

We interrupt your normal viewing to announce that Julie has a story in this weeks issue of The Weekly News (4th June - the one with Simon Cowell on the front) -  Sweet Smell of Revenge. I only know it's in as I walked up to my local shop to get a paper, saw that they now stocked The Weekly News, bought one and saw my name! I knew it had been accepted but didn't know when it was going in. I like nice surprises like that  - could do with a few more.

Julie xx

2 comments:

Teresa Stenson said...

Excellent - well done, Julie. Simon Cowell on the front as well! Hope you've celebrated.

Julie P said...

Thanks, Teresa!

I celebrated by thinking about some more short stories to write -got to keep the ideas flowing and keyboard hot! Oh I ate Pizza with friends too.

Julie xx