Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Sunday, 26 June 2011

Z is for ..... Zenith

The dictionary definition of Zenith is: the highest point. Which is quite appropriate as this is the last of my A-Z postings. I can't believe that 26 days ago, I embarked on this mammoth, and some may say, crazy task. But we got there together!

What I want to leave you with is this question: What has been your zenith so far in your writing career? What has been your highest point? For me it was getting a short story in a UK magazine. When you've had a think about your Zenith, think some more about what would be the zenith in your future writing career? What do you aspire to? How far are you from attaining this and what do you need to do to get there?

Everyone has dreams. Some of these we know will never be fulfilled. I'm never going to marry George Clooney, but a girl can dream ;0)  But there are dreams that we can make reality if we work hard enough, learn and adapt. We can become queen of the women's mags short stories. We can make it into the top ten best seller book list. We can get our own column in a magazine. We can do anything we set our mind to if we believe that we can. Other writers have done it and so can we. It might take a long time, a lot of work, a lot of talent and a lot of rejection, but the only way we will fail is if we stop writing.

 So have fun reaching your zenith!

Happy writing

Julie xx

No comments: