Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Wednesday, 17 August 2011

So much writing, so little time.

I really could spend all day writing for months, years maybe, and still not get down to the bottom of my to-do list. I have half finished short stories strewn all over my office, ideas for countless more scribbled everywhere. I have article ideas coming out of my head faster than a rat up a drain pipe and my novels are languishing somewhere in the depths of my cupboard. My office is heaving with creativity. Yet, due to my butterfly mind and indecisiveness, I never quite know what to tackle first. If only I could get organised and stop flitting about so much, I might actually get along a lot further and better with my writing. I'm not doing too badly with getting my articles published but imagine what I could achieve if I was more organised and more blinkered in my approach - no more getting sidetracked! I wonder how many first draft short stories I would get down on paper in a month if I focused?


Time for a bit of re-organisation me thinks. I may be some time.

Happy writing

Julie xx

4 comments:

Diane Fordham said...

Sounds like you got a plan. Now to put that plan into action! 'To Do' lists are good. :-)

Julie P said...

Morning, Diane!

The trouble is I find To-do lists are only good if I follow them - LOL! But they do have a motivating effect. When I look at my white board I can see exactly where I am with all aspects of my writing and I can choose which I want to concentrate on at ano one time - at the moment it's articles again as I've just had a commission from a new market (yay!)

Julie xx

Julie P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue Horder-Mason said...

Try allocating your time. 1 hour to short stories, 1 hour to articles etc. I've tried, doesn't work for me but hey you never know....

XX