Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Monday, 28 November 2011

Done It!

Just a quick post this time as I'm all written out  -  yes I have completed the NaNo challenge - 50,500 words and two days to spare - that's despite my job and life getting in the way! It can be done if you set your mind to it. And, believe me - there has been some pretty serious gnashing of teeth and setting my mind to it. It's the family motto - stubborn virtue conquers all!

Well done to everyone else who has done (is doing)  NaNo -  Not long to go now. You can do it - head down and get typing!

I also have another article in Writing Magazine (Writer's News bit,) In the January issue, advising writing groups on how to go about critiquing their member's work.

I think I need to go and lie down in a darkened room for a couple of days now to get over NaNo! If only, eh? Far too busy for that. A writer's pen is never idle for long and I'm gagging to get the story finished! 75,000 words is the next target.

Happy writing

Julie xx

4 comments:

Diane Fordham said...

Well done Julie :-)

Frances Garrood said...

Congratulations, Julie. I could never do nano, but really admire those who can!

Julie P said...

Hi, Diane and thank you!

Julie P said...

Hi Frances - thank you! This is my third year of NaNo now and I found this one the hardest because I wasn't working full time for the last two but I was this time, so it was trying to fit it around work and evrything else!

Julie xx