Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Saturday, 31 December 2011

The right direction

How has your writing gone over 2011? Are you happy with your achievements and are you clear about where you heading with your writing in the coming year? If your answers to these questions are no, then take heart; you have a whole 12 months coming up to rectify the situation and turn that no into a yes. The New Year of 2012 could be the year where you finish the first draft of that novel you've meaning to write, or the year you make your first short story sale, or sell a story to a new market. You could take a writing course, book yourself in to a literary festival you've never attended before, book a place on a writing holiday or treat yourself to a writing retreat. But these things will only happen if you make them happen.

I haven't achieved half of what I wanted to do with my writing but instead of seeing this as a negative and letting it drag my determination down I am treating it as a positive - I've achieved a lot but I can do better and the coming year will give me the opportunity to do just that. It's my own fault I haven't got the writing projects that I wanted off the ground and I know I need to work harder at focusing on what I really want to achieve as a writer.

What will your focus in 2012 be? And how are you going to go about it?

Happy New Writing Year!

Julie xx

4 comments:

Olivia Ryan said...

All the best for 2012 Julie - I hope this is the year you achieve everything you have set your heart on. x

Julie P said...

Hi, Olivia and the same to you!

Julie xx

Carole Anne Carr said...

Happy New Year, Julie. The biggest help I've found this year is YouWriteOn.com, it's free and if you haven't tried it, I strongly recommend it. x

Julie P said...

Hi, Carole,

And happy New Year to you and Roy too. I loved the e-card you sent me with the chiming clocks - lovely. Thank you!

I think I have joined YouWriteOn but I haven't been on it for ages - I must try it again.

I have also been revisiting Swaine

Julie xx

Julie xx