Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Are You Ready?

Well, we're nearly at the start of our Love Your Writing Challenges. Do you think you're ready for it? I know I am. There's nothing like a good challenge to get the creative writing going! I'll bet you that you can't do it if you'll bet me that I can't do it! That should keep us motivated - how dare we dare each other to complete the challenge.

Here are my tips for success during the challenge:

1. Pace yourself. There's no point in racing ahead at the start if you peter out a metre from the finishing line.

2.  If you're flagging, post a comment on here and we'll do our best to keep you going.

3.  If you're flying through your challenge tell us - and make your challenge harder!

4. Remember that nothing great is easy - if you want it then you'll have to work for it.

5. Enjoy the challenge - it's no good doing it if it makes you miserable -the idea is to get you writing regularly and allow yourself to push your writing forward.

Good luck, everyone - not that you'll need it!

And don't forget to keep us posted!

Julie xx

2 comments:

Diane Perry said...

Yep, I'm ready Julie. Will be posting shortly on my plans! Thanks for inspiring me to do this. I can't to anything spectacular but hope to do something every day! x

Julie P said...

Putting one word followed by another and another down on paper is spectacular, Di! It's the process that is the important thing. As long as we write something regularly, we will get there.

Julie xx