Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Sort it out

It's only three days into the New Year and I've already had a sort out. The aim was to get most of the re-organisation of my writing business done over the Christmas holidays but time just flew by and that was that! Anyway, I have sorted out my two main Work in Progress folders. I have one for short stories and one for articles. They both have an index and dividers so I can gain quick access to whichever piece of work I need to rather than search through towering piles of paper which not only wasted my valuable writing time but also meant things got lost and I had a few more grey hairs by the second.

Having my work organised in this way allows me to see what I have on the go at any one time and where I am with each piece, ie, how near I am to submitting them. It's saved me precious writing time and I feel more relaxed about my writing as I know exactly where it is!

It's the last day before I go back to work and it's been lovely having more writng time for a couple of weeks but I will have my writing time reduced again through my day job(s). Looking on the bright side, however, the money I earn from my day job(s) helps pay the bills and I can save up for a new computer too, not to mention I have contact withreal people in the real outside world that provide me with writing fodder! There are always positives and in the current recession I realise how lucky I am to have found work at all.

Right, today I'm in article mode. Over Christmas I actually managed to finish assignment six of the journalism course I've been doing forever and submitted it to my tutor. I do hope the shock won't be too much for her ;0) There are rather long gaps between the assignments I send to her.

Happy writing and getting organised

Julie xx

2 comments:

Carole Anne Carr said...

Well done,Julie. I'm doing the same, must finish things!

Julie P said...

Hi, Carole - well done to you too! It's proving to make life a lot easier!

Julie xx