Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Saturday, 18 February 2012

It Must be Love .....

So, here we are, midway through the February challenge of falling back in love with our writing by writing something everyday.Where has the time gone? We don't know and we don't care because we're far too busy thinking about our current and future writing projects.

I have to say that I'm enjoying the challenge and I know a couple of other bloggers are too. The thing with it is that there are no restrictions, no rules, no word targets and no pressure. It's not a competition. It's merely an invitation to write something every day in February. It might only be two words or it might be 100. Whatever we can manage. We're busy people and sometimes our life circumstances and commitments cause us obstacles. But there will always be a diversion showing us the way back to our writing.

I've found that I am more focused and determined than ever since starting this challenge and my productivity had soared too. It's not been plain sailing since I started writing in 2007 but it's been worth the choppy seas. I still have lots I want to achieve with my writing  and that's what keeps me going, along with the support from my writing group and fellow bloggers. I hope that you keep on trying too and that you find your own success. We are all rooting for you. Remember that when you get your next rejection and keep positive and working towards that acceptance.

Happy writing

Julie xx

4 comments:

Diane Perry said...

It's been great so far Julie, three rejections, one acceptance and still four pitches out there trying their luck. Thanks for inspiring me to do this. xx

Dave P Perlmutter said...

Great post and enjoying your blog. I am writing for the first time and everyday is a journey and I just love it. My day job takes a lot out of me and then home to write.

Check and follow me at
http://thewrongplaceatthewrongtime.blogspot.com

Great to connect.

Julie P said...

Well done, Di! That's the way to do it.

Julie xx

Julie P said...

Hi, Dave, and welcome!

I hope you enjoy your writing journey.

Julie xx