Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Thursday, 1 March 2012

Pinch Punch

Well it's the first day of a new month and it's really beginning to feel like Spring has sprung. It's as though the landscape is waking up after its hibernation. The days are getting lighter for longer and there's a definite increase in temperature and a general lightness about the day. I love this time of year - the fact that it's only a matter of a few weeks until the clocks go forward has a positive effect on my mood and well being.

And that can only be a good thing for my writing. I feel better, like I've shrugged off my big winter coat, so I write better. I can feel the enthusiasm for some of my writing projects coming back and I can't wait to get started on them. For some the long, dark winter nights heralds their greatest writing time. They hibernate indoors taking advantage of the fact they are less inclined to go outdoors, spending the time in their homes writing instead. But for me the fact that there is more daylight in the day leaves me invigorated and ready for anything.

So, with the promise of spring on the way, let the new found light and air inspire and invigorate you - it'll do wonders for your writing.

Happy writing

Julie xx

4 comments:

Reb Alexander said...

That's just how I feel! I have just blogged about planting seeds (of writing projects) for the year ahead. And I love that there is more energy to play with, and the days last longer. Reb

Julie P said...

Hi, Reb,

It's great now that we have daylight for a little longer! Makes me feel so much better!

Julie xx

Robin said...

Hi, Julie. I'm Robin :) Just came upon your blog by clicking the Next Blog link from my own little writerly spot on the web and wanted to say hello :) I'll stop by again! All the best with your springtime writing endeavors!

Julie P said...

Hi, Robin! Good luck with your writing too.

Julie xx