Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Challenge Close Up

So here we are a week on since I set the challenge. How are we all doing. Wendy wrote a poem and entered it into a competition. Stuthie started a blog and I pitched an article to a new market. The gauntlet was well and truly thrown down and several of us decided to accept the challenge and not only run with it - oh nay, we practically sprinted cross country with it!

The true writing champions are those who have something to say and who aren't afraid to say it or to try writing something new. Every day writers face challenges whether it be to switch on their computer, to go out and take photographs, to approach someone for an interview, to write that first word, to send their work out - all of it can be both daunting and exciting at the same time.

I write because I love to write. I can't stop myself - the more I try not to do it the more I want to do it! Granted, I don't always manage to write every day, but I can guarantee you that if I'm not physically writing, I'll be thinking about it!
              
So keep challenging yourself every day with your writing and don't be afraid to break new ground with it but best of all, have fun with it. If writing stresses you out or makes you miserable then why are you doing it? Writing  should make you smile and fall in love with it over and over again. Writing, for me is a beautiful light at the end of a sometimes dark and wet day, where I can lose myself in imaginary worlds of my own making and the stresses of the day and real life evaporate.

So what's your next challenge going to be?     

Julie xx

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Julie
I developed an idea for a sci-fi story and wrote 3,000 words! Don't normally write sci-fi. Where did that come from? It's so important that we do not limit ourselves. If an idea pops up, run with it...
Happy writing x

Julie P said...

Hi, Christine,

That's great! Well done. I love it when an idea just pops into your head and you can go with it.

Julie xx

Jan Mader said...

You've been busy! I write because I love to write too. It's nice to make money but when you love to write it's your passion that keeps you writing...not dollars!