Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Post Retreat Positive Productivity!

Well, what can I say? The annual Wrekin Writer retreat was fantastic as always. A lovely house ......



 
 ....... in Beddgelert, Wales, where 10 writers, 1 artist and a writer's husband ...........
 
 
....... laughed together ........
 
 
...... ate and drank together.....
 
 
 
 
 
.......Oh, and occasionally wrote something too - allegedly!
 
But mostly, we wandered about, stared into space, in awe of the stunning backdrop of our retreat......
 
 
 
 
 
.......With good food, good company and views like these, Who could fail to be inspired?.........
 
 
 
 
If you ever get the chance to go on a writer' retreat, either by yourself or with a group then jump at it. I can't recommend them enough. You will learn lots and be inspired and motivated by your fellow writers. Since I returned my writing ideas have exploded and my writing output has gone berserk! Then I re-read Simon Whaley's The Positively Productive Writer www.simonwhaley.co.uk who was on retreat with us, and I feel confident that my writing efforts will be worth it and that I can write whatever I put my mind to. I'd recommend that book as well as retreats. And reading it whilst on retreat would be perfect! And I'm not just saying that because Simon's a good writing friend of mine and I'm featured in the book ;0)
 
Happy writing
Julie xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Carole Anne Carr said...

Looks and sounds absolutely wonderful!

Julie P said...

Thank you, Carole Anne,

It was lovely!
Julie xx

Olivia Ryan said...

Beautiful pics, Julie - and sounds like you had a great time. x