Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Monday, 31 December 2012

Possibilities

Well, as we come to the end of 2012 this is your chance to plan for your writing year ahead. What do you want to achieve with your writing this year? Where do you see yourself in twelve months' time? Visualising yourself achieving your goals is a powerful psychological tool. So close your eyes and see yourself with that publishing deal for your novel or non-fiction book. See your articles in new magazines. Picture yourself reading your short stories in several magazines.

Whatever it is you want for your writing, make sure that you write it down and act on it. Don't just say, oh I'll get round to finishing my manuscript some day. Say, I will make a start on my manuscript and get the first three chapters written by April. Or, I'll write down some article ideas and formulate them into pitches to send to editors by Jan 2nd.

What we writers need is positive action that moves us closer to achieving our writing goals. Well, I do any way, and it's done me no harm! So make that firm promise to yourself today that you will achieve the writing goals you set out for yourself this year - and get planning and moving!

Happy New Writing Year
Julie xx

5 comments:

Carole Anne Carr said...

Good for you, Julie, you've done so well and with that attitude you won't go far wrong. I am promising myself to finish River Dark this Spring and complete a book for adults in the summer and I intend keeping to this - so wish me luck! xx

Julie P said...

I can't wait to read River Dark when it's finished, Carole - I just know it's going to be fantastic. I'm intrigued by your book for adults too. Good luck with all of your writing projects.

Oh, I might have a school interested in having you in too - I made enquiries just befor Christmas and the reply was favourable.......

Julie xx

Carole Anne Carr said...

Thanks so much, Julie, so very kind of you, and it would help enormously if I could visit more schools.xx

Carole Anne Carr said...

Just a thought, Julie. When I've finished the first edit of River Dark, would you like to read it through and tell me what you think of it. Once published a copy would be yours. Hugs xx

Julie P said...

I'm back in school tomorrow, Carole Anne so I'll hve another word then and see what I can do.

Yes, I'd love to have a read through, Carole - any time.

Julie xx