Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Sunday, 10 March 2013

Letting Go!

Whenever I do a job I like to do it properly. I can't stand it if I've not done something up to standard and that's why it sometimes takes time for me to complete projects. I'm a stickler for detail and getting things right but sometimes I think it does me good to just LET IT GO!

I think most writers are guilty of writing and rewriting, rewriting and rewriting and then rewriting some more until we drive ourselves (and everyone else within a mile radius of us)  to distraction!

So, this week, I am giving you permission (as well as myself) to just get it written, edited and LET IT GO! Don't stress yourself about every single minute detail. Relax a little and give it the best you can as your best will always be good enough.

Have fun letting go!            

Julie xx

4 comments:

susanjanejones said...

That sounds a good idea Julie. I'm going to send something out now. Good luck.

Julie P said...

Good luck to you too, Suzanne!

Julie xx

Maria said...

Excellent advice Julie... ;-)

Julie P said...

Thank you, Maria! Julie xx