Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Sunday, 17 March 2013

Put Your Best Foot Forward

It's been an interesting year so far on the writing front. It's been great hearing about other writers' successes too. I find knowing that other writers have had their short stories or novels published so inspiring and motivating, particularly when the rejections have been rolling in.

Published writers are published because they put their best foot forward. They buckled down to the work, got it finished and presented their best work to the publisher. So that's what I'm encouraging us all to do this week: get your bum on the seat, write, write and then write some more and get it subbed. Put your best foot forward and show publishers and editors what you're made of.



Happy subbing
Julie xx

2 comments:

Wendy's Writing said...

That's the best advice, Julie - keep writing!

susanjanejones said...

Well said Julie. I spend too much time reading and blogging, but I'm learning all the time. Off to write now. Good luck to you.