Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Friday, 29 March 2013

Questions, Questions Everywhere!

Thank you, Lynne Hackles for inviting me to answer the following questions she answered on her blog, I should be writing. She got them originally from Jane Wenham-Jones! So here are my answers.

Q. Where were you born and where do you live at the moment?
A. I was born in Much Wenlock - yes that Much Wenlock in Shropshire with the links to the Olympics - though I am no Olympian myself! I now live in Telford, Shropshire and so haven't fallen far from the tree.

Q. Have you always lived and worked in Britain or are you based elsewhere at present?
A. Yes - I've always lived in the UK and I've never been abroad.

Q. Which is your favourite part of Britain?
A. I love the coasts around Devon and Cornwall as I did my Nurse training in Plymouth and lived in Exeter for a while. I'm also fond of the coasts around Wales too. I'd love to visit Scotland and Ireland one day.

Q. Have you ‘highlighted’ or ‘showcased’ any particular part of Britain in your books? For example, a town or city; a county, a monument or some well-known place or event?
A. No, not yet - but I'm working up to it.

Q. There is an illusion – or myth if you wish – about British people that I would like you to discuss. Many see the ‘Brits’ as ‘stiff upper lip’. Is that correct?
A. I think it's a generational thing really. I think it might have been that way in the past but I don't think modern day British people are like that at all - we're a right load of whingers and complainers, don't you think?

Q. Tell us about one of your recent books
A.I don't have any books out at the moment, but there may be something coming soon! I have a couple of unfinished novels to complete and a non fiction project that's in the editing stage - so watch this space!

Q. What are you currently working on?
A. It's probably better to say what I'm not working on! I'm working on a non fiction project and the novels I mentioned above. I'm also trying to write and edit short stories as I've had a couple of short stories published but would like to get more in print. My time is limited as I'm a part-time writer at the moment and work as a teaching assistant in a year one primary school class during the week.

Q. How do you spend your leisure time?
A. Walking, doing Zumba and pilates, writing, writing and more writing, reading, reading and more reading, watching a bit of TV. I like going to cafes for a cuppa too, but don't take me shopping as I hate that!

Q. Do you write for a local audience or a global audience?
A. I write for whoever wants to read my work and I'm grateful that they sometimes do.

Q. Can you provide links to your work?
A. Through this blog - I have samples of my articles there. http://jlpwritersquest.blogspot.com or my other blog http://articleantics.blogspot.com
Thanks Lynne (and indirectly, Jane!)
And in the spirit of tradition, I would like to invite Di Perry, Womag and Helen  M Hunt to answer the questions if they so wish.

Happy blogging!
Julie xx

2 comments:

Diane Perry said...

Thanks Julie, I will see what I can come up with.

Beautiful Home said...

I like the idea behind this blog...inspirational.