Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Saturday, 7 December 2013

Look what came through the post .....

My new book, out Feb 28th but available to pre-order on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Compass-Points-Writers-Handbook-Getting/dp/1782791388/ref=sr_1_11?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1386264828&sr=1-11&keywords=Julie+Phillips

or over at www.o-books.com

It's my first book and is a lovely end to 2013. I haven't done as well as I would have liked on the short story front, despite my best efforts, which is why working on different projects is a good idea; in amongst all the rejected short stories this book proposal was accepted and the book published! It helped renew my writing confidence because a publisher liked my book idea and published it. Now, all I need is an editor to like my short stories ..... 

Julie xx



 

 

2 comments:

Wendy's Writing said...

That's very good news, Julie - how exciting for you. I wouldn't worry too much about the stories as with so many articles published in WM (I've just finished reading your latest one)and now the book, non-fiction definitely seems to be your thing. Clever you.

Julie P said...

Thank you, Wendy. I do love writing articles but I've been concentrating on the short stories for a while. Unfortunately, I haven't struck gold yet on that front but I am a glutton for punishment!

2014 will see many more articles, I hope but I will still work at the short stories. For some reason, I find writing articles easier and a lot easier to get published - but I am determined to get some more short stories written, subbed and published!

Good look with your writing too - let's hope 2014 is a better year for all of us.